GIOVANI IN CRESCENDO Digital Edition 2021
Music and Singing Competition – VIII Edition
28 and 29 May 2021, Pesaro
The Orchestra Sinfonica G. Rossini (G. Rossini Symphony Orchestra) with the patronage of the Ministry of Education, University and Research and the Municipality of Pesaro announces the eighth edition of the “Giovani in Crescendo – digital edition” Music Competition.
The goal is to promote the comparison and exchange of musical experiences, in order to provide young participants with an important opportunity for growth as performers, as musicians but above all as individuals.
The competition is open to pupils of primary schools, middle and middle schools with a musical focus, high schools, musical high schools, music conservatories, private music schools and academies.
Each school will also be able to participate with pupils who are not part of a school music project, but who are talented and want to participate individually or as a group, as well as with alumni under the age of twenty-five.
In addition, those who do not belong to schools or music schools and are aged between 6 and 25 can also participate in the competition. They will be included in the category of private music and singing schools.
The competition is divided into the following categories:
Middle Schools with music specialization;
“Junior” Musical High Schools (two years)
“Senior” Music High Schools (three years)
“Junior” Conservatories (up to 16 years)
“Senior” Conservatories (after 16 years)
“Junior” Private Schools and Academies of Music and Singing (from 6 to 15)
“Senior” Private Schools and Academies of Music and Singing (from 16 to 25)
For each Category there are two Sections:
– soloists or small groups
Participants can choose any musical genre. The performance for groups of more than six people must not exceed ten minutes. For the other participants, the performance should not exceed five minutes.
The unpublished pieces must not cause offensive phrases towards people, institutions, religions and so on, under penalty of exclusion.
Videos must be sent via WeTransfer in mp4 format no later than Friday 30 April 2021.
Videos can be recorded face-to-face or with montage. It is mandatory in the registration form to specify the techniques used for recording the videos and the date of registration, which must not be prior to the 2019/20 school year.
The competition is divided into a single phase in which the jury will evaluate the videos and decide the winners of the prizes. The jury will be composed of important artists.
The organizers reserve the right to postpone or cancel the Competition, in the latter case we will refund the foreseen fees, already paid.
The jury’s decision is unquestionable, unappealable and definitive.
The video and audio material may be used for information purposes.
All participating schools will receive a certificate of participation.
– 1st CLASSIFIED – Elementary Schools section: Plaque and Certificate
– 1st CLASSIFIED – Middle Schools section: Plaque and Certificate
– 1st CLASSIFIED – Middle Schools section with music specialization: Plaque and Certificate
– 1st CLASSIFIED – High Schools section: Plaque and Certificate
– 1st CLASSIFIED – Conservatories section: Plaque and Certificate
– 1st PRIZE – Music High Schools section: Plaque and Certificate
– 1st PRIZE – Private Music and Singing Schools section: Plaque and Certificate
The winning schools will also receive by e-mail the videos of two concert-lessons of the Rossini Symphony Orchestra suitable for use as guided listening lessons.
– Ortolani Prize; (only performers who choose to perform with a piece from the repertoire of Riz Ortolani can participate)
– Rossini Award; (only performers who choose to perform with a piece from the repertoire of Gioachino Rossini can participate)
– Best unpublished award
– Best instrumental technique award
– Best vocal technique award
– Soloist or chamber ensemble award
– Best orchestra award
– Best choir award
– Orchestra Rossini award (the winners will perform in the next edition with Orchestra Sinfonica G. Rossini – G. Rossini Symphony Orchestra during the opening night of the 2022 Competition).
On May 28, 2021, the participating videos will all be broadcast on the social channels of the organizations involved, while the award ceremony will always take place online on the following day on May 29. The methods of transmission will be communicated later.
The Organization for the realization of the Competition incurs expenses for which it requests a small fee from the participants as indicated below:
€ 20.00 for soloists;
€ 20.00 for duos;
€ 8.00 per participant for groups of three to twenty members.
€ 5.00 per participant for groups of more than twenty members
The renunciation of participation in the competition does not imply the refund of the fee paid.
Payment of the required fee must be made by bank transfer: Orchestra Sinfonica G. Rossini – G. Rossini Symphonic Orchestra beneficiary; IBAN: IT 53C0306909606100000067722, Banca Intesa San Paolo Spa it is compulsory to specify in the reason for payment: the competition, the name of the school (or of the private participant) and the category with the relative selected section.
How to register:
Registration for the “Giovani in Crescendo – digital edition 2021” competition must take place no later than 30 April 2021 by completing the online form:
To which must be attached:
1) the release declaration (Annex 1) made by the Headmaster for the candidates of institutes, public and private schools or by the private participant himself (if a minor the declaration must be made by one of the parents). For schools that register more than one participant, a declaration from the Director certifying that he is in possession of all the releases is sufficient.
2) a copy of the bank transfer.
If demonstrable technical problems are found, the organizers reserve the right to accept registrations received after the deadline indicated.
For organizational reasons, in the event of a large number of requests, registrations for each section will be taken into consideration exclusively on the basis of their order of arrival.
- Municipality of Pesaro
- Cori & Camilletti publishing house
TREATMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
The head teacher or the manager of private music schools guarantees the organizers that their students and alumni do not violate the rights of third parties with their performance, relieving the organizers from any responsibility; authorize the organizing staff to record audio and video of the piece presented at the event; the use of the biographical information sent upon registration and the image / s of the participant / s, in the interest of the participant, exclusively for promotional purposes related to the event they declare that they are in possession of the releases issued by the parents exercising parental authority for underage participants and that they are in possession of the releases for adult participants.
Participants accept all the clauses of this announcement by signing the form.